Horns

From Caves of Qud Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Horns
Category

Physical

Cost

3

Takes up

Head

Creation Code

bl

ID

Horns

Reality Distorting?Reality distorting mutations
cannot be used under
the effects of normality.

no

Horns

Horns jut out of your head.

20% chance on melee attack to gore your opponent
Damage increment: (Level Based)
Goring attacks may cause bleeding
+(level based) AV
Cannot wear helmets
+100 reputation with antelopes and goatfolk

Horns is a mutation that grants the Horns.pnghorns items on the character's head.

As of Patch This information is reliable as of Patch 2.0.200.71.

If this is no longer the current patch, you can help by updating it.

horns
Horns.png
PV?Base PV/Max PV

4/104

Damage

♥22

Base AV

♦0

Weight

0#

0

Skill Used

Short Blade

Character

*

ID?Use this ID to Wish for the item

Horns

Worn On

Head

Extra Info:
horns

A pair of massive, curling horns. They can deliver devastating gore attacks to enemies.

Perfect

If the player has these due to the Horns mutation, they have a 35% chance of being 'Horns', a 30% chance of being 'Antlers', and a 35% chance of being a single 'Horn'. Mechanically, these variants are identical to each other.

There is a 20% chance to use the horns to attack the opponent, but during a Charge, the chance to attack with horns will be 100% with the bonus penetration from charging.

Advancement Table[edit | edit source]

Mutation Level Damage AV
1 ♥2d3 ♦0
2 ♥2d4 ♦0
3 ♥2d4 ♦1
4 ♥2d5 ♦1
5 ♥2d5 ♦1
6 ♥2d6 ♦1
7 ♥2d6 ♦2
8 ♥2d7 ♦2
9 ♥2d7 ♦2
10 ♥2d8 ♦2

Advantages & Disadvantages[edit | edit source]

Advantages[edit | edit source]

  • Grants essentially free extra damage.
  • Grants 1♦ AV at levels 3-6 and 2♦ AV at levels 7-10. This is equivalent to a Leather cap.pngleather cap or Steel helmet.pngsteel helmet, respectively, though horns are weightless and have no DV penalty.

Disadvantages[edit | edit source]

  • Prevents the player from wearing any headgear
  • Prevents the player from benefiting from any head mods, such as lanterned.