Reality Distorting?Reality distorting mutations
cannot be used under
the effects of normality.
You have an extra set of arms.
(6 + 2 * Level)% chance for each extra arm to deliver an additional melee attack whenever you make a melee attack
Multiple Arms does not specially interact with other mutations which also affect the hands slot. For example, the Flaming Hands mutation will still only affect one pair of hands, and will still prevent the player from taking the Freezing Hands or Burrowing Claws mutations.
Multiple Arms grants 2 extra hand slots, 2 extra arm slots, and 1 extra hands slot. However, this does not grant any special advantage in terms of armor, as the AV and DV of armor worn on the extra slots are averaged with the natural slots into a single score.
Advancement Table[edit | edit source]
|Mutation Level||Attack Chance|
Skill Interactions[edit | edit source]
At level ten, each weapon wielded in a limb granted by Multiple Arms has a base 26% chance to be used during a melee attack. This chance can be modified by the following skills:
- Flurry (Dual Wield) - 100% chance to attack during one turn when Flurry is used (subject to cooldown afterward).
- Jab (Short Blade) - Permanently doubles the chance of short blade melee attacks in each limb granted by this mutation (52% chance per limb each attack at mutation level 10). 
Advantages & Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
|This section is opinion-based. Your mileage may vary.|
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Allows for the player to make more melee attacks per turn, dealing more damage as a result.
- Can make the early game less painful for dual-wielding builds, as the player can carry a non-floating light source and dual-wield at the same time.
- Extra hand slots allow for unconventional equipment combinations, such as dual wielding with a shield.
- If Multiple Arms is used only for extra slots to equip relics for their mutations and stat boosts and not to attack, it can be left alone as level 1 to spend the mutation points somewhere else with no significant detriment.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- The extra hands and arm slots mean that the player will need to find two of a single armor piece to gain the same AV and DV as they would without the mutation.
- High mutation point cost at character generation.
- How often the arms attack are not affected by the Dual Wield skills besides Flurry. To attack often with them, the mutation itself must be leveled.
References[edit | edit source]