Reality Distorting?Reality distorting mutations
cannot be used under
the effects of normality.
You can spin sticky silk webs.
While spinning, you leave webs in your wake as you move
"Cooldown: 80 rounds
Duration: (5 + Level) rounds
+(5 + Level) to saves vs. forced movement
Immune to becoming stuck in webs
+200 reputation with arachnids
The spun will have a save target of (15 + Level) and a max weight of (120 + 80 * Level)
If the creature is phased while spinning webs, it will create with a save target of (25 + Level) and a max weight of (520 + 80 * Level).
Advancement Table[edit | edit source]
|Mutation Level||Duration||Forced Movement Save Bonus||Save Target||Max Weight|
Advantages & Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
|This section is opinion-based. Your mileage may vary.|
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Creatures that are stuck in a web are unable to move and, as a result, have a fixed DV of -10, making them very easy to hit.
- It makes it far easier to kite hostile creatures, as it gives the player time to move away and pick them off with a ranged attack.
- The immunity to becoming stuck makes fighting in an asphalt biome much easier, and makes travelling through one much less frustrating.
- The ability to, while phased, create which, when harvested into and cooked into a dish, allow the player to become phased again, gives a player with Harvestry and Spinnerets access to an effective method of money farming.
- While the reputation bonus is not enough to bring a player from "disliked" to "not cared about" by the arachnids faction, it does bring the default close enough (25 reputation points away) that a small reputation gain can tip the player into "not cared about."
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Relatively long cooldown.
- Moderately high mutation point cost for the effectiveness of the mutation.